Saturday, December 02, 2006

Update from Dorsten, Germany

Basketball notes....

We have a big German league game tonight at home against Saarlouis, in which we are playing to stay tied for first with Wasserburg. Currently, all three of us have just 1 loss and are in a 3-way tie for first place. Wasserburg plays in Freiburg on Sunday.

Next week is will be exciting because we are going to Italy! I LOVE ITALY! I have never been in the south of Italy and now I have the chance to go to Priolo. We will leave on Tuesday for our game on Wednesday and then return back to Germany on Thursday. Sometimes you have the chance to explore around for a few hours and I am definately hoping we have that chance during this trip!

In the upcoming game against Priolo, we must be competitive, unlike the almost 20 point loss we took from them at home. We must play the entire 40 minutes even if we are behind. This is important because 8 out of the 12 third place teams, in their respective groups, go to the next round. It is based on a point system and therefore, every point counts.

Other notes...

I can not believe it is already the beginning of December! And that Christmas is coming! I am excited to say that I just booked a flight and I will be home on Monday, December 18th. We have a nice two-week break until January 2nd, which will be much needed. I will rest my body for a few days and then, of course, begin training for that tough January schedule!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home