Friday, December 08, 2006

Trip to Priolo, Italy

What a crazy trip! First, our flight in Cologne was delayed for a few hours and then, redirected from Catania to Palermo due to the "active volcano" in Catania!!!! That put us about 3 hours away from our destination of Priolo. We got in the hotel at 2am! As you can see, it was not the ideal day before a game.

We stayed in a small city outside of Priolo and it was on the coast. The coastline was absolutely beautiful!!! ..and the water was clear blue-green. We had the chance to walk around for a few hours the morning before the game. (At first, I had not wanted to go because I was so tired, however, afterwards I was really glad that it was mandatory.) I wish that my camara had its battery chip charged.

We had shooting practice in the afternoon and then lunch. After eating, I went up to my room and crashed in my bed until the game. When the alarm went off, I thought to myself, how am I going to play this game. I put myself in the shower, and had a red bull. I felt pretty good after that and was somehow ready to go.

The game was intense and physical, but everyone on our team definately showed up to play and we pulled off an amazing win! The 62-49 win over the Italian team shows how far we have come from our loss at home to them! Definately a game to remember..

Tomorrow morning we have a German game versus Leipzig. Next Tuesday, we go to Lille, France for the last FIBA Euro Cup game in the first round. I hope that we are able to play well against them, because every point counts in getting to the next round in January.

Also, for this week, e have a German cup game on Friday at home and our last game for the year on Saturday in Berlin. Then, it is Christmas break! Yay! Tobi and I are flying home on Monday, December 18th, to New Jersey to spend Christmas with my family. We will be there until December 31st.

Hopefully, we will get a chance to check out the Munster Christmas market before I leave for break. I love German Christmas markets, but we have had no time to check some of them out in the area. There is nothing like walking around a Christmas market, taking in the Christmas spirit and having a Gluwein to keep warm!

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home