Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summer in Williamstown 2007

As they say, there is no place like home... which I find to be very true for me as I get older. Don't get me wrong, I love my current life of travel and living out of a suitecase year-round. However, it is absolutely wonderful when I have the chance in the off-season to visit with my Dad and brother in good old Jersey. I get to spend time in the house and town that I grew up in, as well as visit with family and some old friends. Priceless.

For those of you who are not familiar with where I am from... I live in a small town called Williamstown, which lies between Philadelphia and Atlantic City, in South Jersey. (3 hours south of New York) Williamstown is approximately 30 minutes from the city of Philadelphia and only 1 hour from the beach, making it an ideal location for someone like me who loves both. A little tid-bit: Williamstown was formally Squankum and was originally established by the Lenni-Lenape Indians. They named this area Squankum, which means "place where the evil spirits meet." These evil spirits are believed to have been mosquitoes. The name Squankum was later changed because another settlement had the same name.

The most important task for me this summer is to prepare for next season. Along with my weight training and conditioning program, I will play in the Philadelphia summer league, which begins next week. On off days, I plan on heading down to the beach for summer fun. Also, I am working the Philadelphia 76ers basketball camp in the Pocono Mountains the week of July 1st. I am excited and honored to work for such a great organization.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home